Data protection laws require that, to process your personal data, we must meet at least one prescribed condition for it. We rely on the following conditions for the activities we carry out:
Necessary for performance of a contract or to comply with the law
In most cases, you will provide the information we ask for because you want to use our services. This means that our use of your information is governed by contract terms. It’s your choice to give us this information. If you choose not to, we may not be able to provide the services you need from us.
Where we collect other information from you – or when third parties do so for us – we always ask for your consent first. For example, before you use our website you’ll be asked to consent to us using cookies to collect data about the device you’re using. We also seek your consent in the following scenarios:
- Marketing – To help you explore all your options, from time to time we’d like to let you know about products, services and offers from Professional Contractor Mortgages.
- Market research – We invite you to participate in market research (more on this below). Any feedback you provide is used with your consent.
In the United Kingdom, organisations can use personal information where the benefits of doing so are not outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of individuals. The law calls this the “Legitimate Interests” condition for processing.
Who we share your personal information with
Because of the nature of our role as a mortgage adviser, we share the personal information you give us with people who need to handle it so that we can provide our services to you.
Public bodies, law enforcement, and regulators
The police, other law enforcement agencies, regulators, as well as public bodies such as local and central authorities can sometimes request personal information. This may be for reasons including:
- Detecting and preventing crime
- Apprehending or prosecuting offenders
- Assessing or collecting tax
- Investigating complaints
- Assessing how well a particular industry sector is working.
Lenders and Insurers
We will share credit report information and personal information (such as your name and address) with lenders and insurers. This is for purposes that may include:
- Verifying that you’re eligible for the product you’re applying for
- Supporting you to complete your application to the lender (which may include pre-filling the application form on their website)
- Contacting you about credit and financial products and complying with any contractual, legal and/or regulatory obligations
You can ask for a copy of the information we hold about you at any time.
To fulfil our legal and contractual obligations, we may also share your personal data with a select number of third parties however this will only be with your consent and
If you no longer wish us to share your data with any of these organisations, you may withdraw your consent at any time