We understand the issues you will encounter when it comes to mortgage funding, including but not limited to:
- Professional sportspeople are usually employed on short term contracts.
- A career as a professional sports person usually ends a lot sooner than normal retirement for office workers. e.g: Around 35, not 65 to 70.
- There can often be several other sources of income e.g., from sponsorships, performance bonuses etc
- Income isn’t always in GBP. As footballers travel the world, they can have large lump sum income coming from any number of currencies.
- Their income is usually a lot higher than people working in everyday professions but can also end quickly due to injury or performance. If this happened lenders worry that it would be hard for them to replace their income at the same level to enable them to afford the mortgage.